They have a magnificent team. These people are always kind and willing to listen to your concerns or issues. Better yet, your assignment is always ready before the time, they usually send you a draft to double-check before they finalize your paper.
1. Why does Segal introduce this quote by T.S. Eliot: “Humankind cannot bear very much reality”? Explain your answer. Use examples from the article “My Grandfather’s Walking Stick.”
2. Kant enumerates several natural and devilish vices. How do you think Kant would view lying as discussed by Segal and gossip as discussed by Bok? Would he put gossip and lying in the natural or the devilish category of vice? Explain your answer. (Make sure you answer all parts.)
3. Under what circumstances could some human activities that we normally conceive as vices be considered at other times virtuous?
“When supported with education, a person’s integrity can give him something to rely on when his perspective seems to blur, when rules and principles seem to waiver, and when he’s faced with hard choices of right or wrong.” –James Stockdale
4. Is it important to have integrity? If so, why? If not, why not?
a. Should we ever sacrifice our integrity for the greater good of humankind? (Cf. Module 5 on Utilitarianism) Explain your answer.
b. How would Aristotle defend the virtue of integrity? (Cf. Module 5) Explain your answer.
5. Using Stoic Ethics as discussed in “The World of Epictetus,” and Plato’s “The Ring of Gyges respond to the following questions:
a. What would you do if you had the ring of Gyges? Would you use it for good or for evil? Why?
b. How is the Stoic ethic, an ethics of integrity, contrary to Glaucon’s contention that the best form of justice is doing wrong with impunity? Use the “Ring of Gyges” story to explain your answer.
7. How is Stoic Ethics helpful for keeping one’s integrity especially when under enormous pressure to give it up? Be sure to examine Stockdale’s eight year stay in a Vietnam prisoner of war camp to explain your answer. And also be sure to explain how the Bible especially the lessons from Job and the works the Stoic Philosopher Epictetus help him through these horrific years.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more