You are making my life so much easier! I am a single mom that works and goes to school. You guys are helping me with my projects so I can have more free time with my son.
These are the two choices for this assignment. Choose one
Resort/Hotel Industry-Park Hyatt and Four Seasons
McDonalds and Chipotle
In this Assignment, you will culminate one course outcome by demonstrating an ability to make strategic business decisions:
MT460-3: Formulate strategic business decisions from a management, leadership and organizational design perspective.
Strategy is often a complex puzzle that requires both leadership and management oriented decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities. Strategic thinking, in general, requires the understanding of intricate design structures and networks within an organization. Choosing the appropriate strategic approach can be a daunting task, requiring business acumen and professional competencies that leaders and managers possess, such as professional communication (verbal, written, body language), planning, organization, analysis, reasoning skills, persistence, time management, perseverance, and much more. To meet the challenges in this Assignment, you must be ready to use a combination of such professional competencies and business acumen to formulate strategic business decisions from a leadership, management and organizational design perspective. Essentially, you are analyzing a business to construct a business case.
To complete this Assignment, your professor will provide a list of industries and companies. You will choose two companies from the list that operate within one of the industries provided. You will assume the role of Chief Operating Officer (CEO) for one of your chosen companies, and the other company will be a major competitor. In a narrated PowerPoint presentation, your goal is to make strategic decisions from a management, leadership, and organizational design perspective by meeting the following criteria:
1. Identify two companies that operate within the same industry from the list of industries and companies that your Professor has provided. You will assume the role of CEO for one of your chosen companies, and the other company will be a competitor that operates in the same industry with similar products. As the CEO, you will make strategic decisions from a leadership or a management perspective. Your audience is the executive management team of your organization.
2. As the CEO, provide a thorough synopsis of your chosen company by introducing the brand, industry, products, target market, etc. Be sure to use leadership abilities to inspire your audience through your communication of this information.
3. From a management perspective, provide a high-level synopsis of the organizational design of your chosen company.
4. From a management perspective, provide a thorough environmental analysis on the state of your chosen industry and your company’s market position within the industry.
5. From a management perspective, analyze the financial condition of your chosen company.
6. From a management perspective, conduct a thorough analysis on your competitor to explain its market position and competitive advantages within your chosen industry.
7. Using strategic decision-making abilities, decide on which of the five generic strategies your company employs, and why this strategy works better than others for your company.
8. From a leadership perspective, explain how your chosen generic strategy positions your company within the market by building competitive advantages against your chosen competitor company.
9. From a management perspective, provide reasoning on the potential for your company to achieve competitive advantage in the market based on lower costs. If your company is not positioned as a low-cost leader, explain why not. If it is positioned as a low-cost leader, explain why it leads to sustainable competitive advantage.
10. From a management perspective, provide reasoning on the potential for your company to achieve competitive advantage in the market based on differentiating the company’s products from the offerings of rivals. If your company is not positioned as a differentiator, explain why not. If it is positioned as a differentiator, explain why it leads to sustainable competitive advantage.
11. From a management perspective, provide reasoning on the potential for your company to achieve competitive advantage in the market based on being a best-cost provider. If your company is not positioned as a best-cost provider, explain why not. If it is positioned as a best-cost provider, explain why it leads to sustainable competitive advantage.
12. From a management perspective, formulate and explain your company’s offensive or defensive strategy to improve its market position in the next year.
13. From a leadership perspective, design a plan to position your chosen company to be a first mover, a fast follower, or a late mover to ensure competitive advantage.
14. From a management perspective, compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of extending your company’s scope of operations via vertical integration.
15. From a management perspective, determine the conditions that favor outsourcing certain value chain activities to outside parties for your company.
16. Use a minimum of three peer-reviewed research resources (including your textbook) to substantiate your thoughts, opinions, ideas, etc.
Use as many concepts from Chapters 5 and 6 of your textbook to complete this Assignment as possible. You are the professional and will need to determine how many slides and how long the presentation should be to meet the requirements of this Assignment. You are capable of making such decisions at this level of your degree program. Take the initiative to be the problem solver and strategic decision-maker. Each slide should have a verbal narration and notes. Your slides should be professionally designed.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more