You are making my life so much easier! I am a single mom that works and goes to school. You guys are helping me with my projects so I can have more free time with my son.
Some people contend that smaller constituencies might allow a wider array of people to participate in state politics, rather than just the “rich” or “well born.” How would you argue in favor of or against this statement? (chapter 3: The structure and the size of the Texas Legislature) (3 paragraphs)
Taking Personal Responsibility
(1) Each Texas citizen has one Texas State House member and one Texas State Senate member to represent him or her. Use this website to find your representatives: https://capitol.texas.gov/. The “Who Represents Me” section allows you to put in your address and locate your state house and senate members. Name your state house and senate representatives, their party affiliation, their gender etc… and your district numbers. How representative is the legislature of the people of Texas? In what ways can representation be defined? What reforms would make the legislature more representative? (chapter three: Qualifications and Demographics) (5 paragraphs)
Age: under 30
Age: 30 to 39
Age: 40 to 49
Age: 50 to 59
Age: 60 to 69
Incumbents (and previously elected)
(2) Many people believe that the success of legislation largely depends on a relatively few individuals who make up the leadership in the Texas House and Senate. Do you think the speaker of the house and the lieutenant governor have too much, too little, or the right amount of control over the passage of bills? How can you influence legislation? What can individuals do to affect legislation?(chapter three: Leadership positions in the Texas Legislature) (6 Paragraphs)
Being Socially Responsible
To what extent should legislators use race when redistricting? Do you think redistricting is a proper tool to provide representation to minority or undeserved populations? Why or why not? (chapter three: Reapportionment and Redistricting) (3 paragraphs)
(Right click on the link.)
A large section of this chapter deals with the drawing and redrawing of legislative districts. It is easy for students to accept as fact that the process is used for political gain without understanding how it works. Explore the concepts of “stacking,” “packing,” and “cracking,” and discuss the effect of differences in voter turnout among demographic groups.
Both demographics and voting patterns have changed in Texas, and some districts have become more competitive, especially for Democrats in South Texas and in inner-city districts. Discuss what these shifts mean for future elections and the composition of the Texas House and Senate. Reference Table 3.5 in your answer. (4 paragraphs)
Please create a separate document for this activity:
Using the links below, examine your political values ( Explain your results), what do they say about you? and compare them to the expressed values of both parties. Do your ideas about the role of government, politics, and policy align with one particular party?
Your Platform, and Party Politics: (you must take both surveys!)
1. Know yourself. Take these surveys to find your political leanings:
1. http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-party-quiz/ (Political party quiz)
2. http://www.people-press.org/quiz/political-typology/ (Ideology quiz)
3. Submit screen shots of your results (both surveys).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more