You are making my life so much easier! I am a single mom that works and goes to school. You guys are helping me with my projects so I can have more free time with my son.
ITSS 3300 Assignment: Business Process Modeling
Submit your complete assignment to eLearning by the due date in a Microsoft Word document with embedded graphics for question 2, or a PDF document. (You will not be given credit for any other formats.)
JSM Manufacturing is a small, local company that manufactures personal protective equipment, such as surgical masks, gowns, and face shields. The company relies on a network of suppliers of raw materials, transportation providers, and for other required products and services. These vendors receive purchase orders from JSM for materials and services, and typically ship directly to JSM’s manufacturing facility. Invoices are sent to JSM’s accounts payable department for payment processing, which receives, verifies, and processes approximately 200 invoices per month.
JSM’s accounts payable department consists of one (1) person who is responsible for verifying the invoices before paying them.
· When the accounts payable clerk receives a batch of invoices, typically in the form of a paper bills in the mail, she sorts them by vendor and purchase order number.
· On Tuesday of every week, the accounts payable clerk meets with the purchasing department to review the bills with the purchase orders to verify the bills were for the correct items at the correct price. JSM purchasing department contacts the vendor to reconcile any differences (either to the purchase order or to the invoice, which would require the vendor to generate another invoice).
· The accounts payable clerk meets with JSM receiving department every Wednesday to verify that the ordered items have indeed been received. The receiving department contacts the purchasing department of any discrepancies, and the purchasing department, in turn, contacts the vendor about the discrepancy. Again, reconciliation would require adjusting the purchase order, invoice, or both.
· Finally, the accounts payable clerk processes the invoice for payment. Payments are always made on Fridays.
· Note that invoices are received throughout the week and are sorted whenever the clerk has time to perform that task.
The process certainly has some issues. Vendors often complain about the length of time it takes for JSM to pay their bills. Also, since the onset of the CoVID-19 pandemic, the demand for JSM’s products has skyrocketed, requiring the company to find more suppliers to meet its demand for more raw materials, resulting in far more invoices arriving at the company every week.
As a result of these issues, JSM has hired you to access the business impact of the situation and see what could be done to improve the overall process.
1. Business Process. (15 points)
a. List at least 3 issues with the current process. (10 pts)
b. Explain the impact of the existing process on operational efficiency. (5 pts)
2. Diagram the existing Process. (50 points).
a. Using a diagramming tool (Visio, Lucidchart, PowerPoint) model the existing process. Use swim lanes to show process participants, and separators to show time scales. Remember to submit in PDF format. (50 pts)
3. Metrics (15 points)
a. Identify 3 measurements or metrics that could be put in place to measure the impact of the existing process on operational efficiency. (15 pts)
4. Process Improvements (20 points).
a. Discuss the changes that could be made to make the process more efficient. (10 pts)
b. Explain how information systems could support those changes. Discuss what data the systems should capture and what decisions the system could improve. (10 pts)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more